City of Oakland is providing small business that have been affected by COVID-19 with grants up to $10,000.
Application Deadline: October 12th (FAQS )
To be eligible, your business must:
- Be an existing For-profit business since March 1st, 2019 with a commercial location located within the City of Oakland
- Be able to demonstrate adverse business impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic
- Have gross revenues under $2,000,000 in 2019
- Have a current City of Oakland business license
- Have no City of Oakland life safety code violations
- Be in compliance with all County Health Orders and State Regulations
- Have not received a Payroll Protection Program (PPP) loan of more than $10,000
- Have not received a grant from the Oakland CARES Fund for Artists and Arts Non-profits
- The following businesses are not eligible for funding: Nonprofits, passive income real estate businesses, cannabis-related businesses, adult entertainment businesses, franchises, any business involved in bankruptcy proceedings or religious organizations (See FAQ for complete list).
- Businesses with more than 50 full-time equivalent employees, including the owner(s), are not eligible for the grant.