The State of California has launched a new program to assist homeowners that are behind on their mortgage payments. The California Mortgage Relief Program is part of the State’s Housing is Key initiative.
- Eligible applicants must be at or below 100% of their county’s Area Median Income
- own a single-family home, condo or permanently affixed manufactured home
- have faced a pandemic-related financial hardship after January 21, 2020, and also meet at least one of the following qualifications:
- Receiving public assistance;
- Severely housing burdened; or
- Have no alternative mortgage workout options through your mortgage servicer.
Homeowners that are interested in applying can do so by visiting https://camortgagerelief.org/