California COVID-19 Rent Relief Program is here to help those struggling to pay their rent due to COVID-19.
The Rent Relief Program gives rental reimbursement to landlords and relief to eligible tenants for unpaid rent from between April 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021.
Landlords are able to participate in the COVID-19 Rent Relief Program , if eligible they can be reimbursed for 80 percent of their tenant’s unpaid rent from April 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021. To participate, landlords must agree to waive the remaining 20 percent of their tenants’ unpaid rent.
- Eligible tenants may apply to receive 25 percent of their unpaid rent accrued between April 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021. You can apply even if your landlord doesn’t.
- Renters can also get help to pay future rent, equal to 25 percent of their monthly fee.
- Program can help pay past-due utilities between April 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021, as well as help pay future utility bills, both of which may be paid at 100 percent of the cost, but are limited to a total of 12 months.
To see if you’re eligible, and to apply visit HousingisKey.com.
CA COVID-19 Rent Relief Call Center at 1-833-430-2122 can also take applications over the phone.